Monday 21 February 2011

Good Morning Nerdy Bunch! It's Monday!

Let me start by telling you a little story, It's 2008 and I'm going through a rough time personally with school and life stuff when, I stumble on a video of a guy telling 50 jokes in 4 minutes I watched that video along with a few others on the channel and then I watched them all from th beginning and I became a Nerdfighter. There were some rough times made easier by listening to "A Song About Anglerfish" and "What Would Captain Picard Do?". So I've hopped onto the Ning and am on your pants. Knowing that there are cool nerdy people out there who really care about stuff and aren't afraid to show it has been awesome for me.

So who am I? My name is Allysa this my first official post as monday of the tentatively named nerdy bunch. I am 22 Years Old living in Winnipeg Canada.I am 2 months away from graduating from university with a degree in psychology.

I have started many blogs and journals and abandoned them all, I have resolved however to be better with this I'm counting on a little accountability by being on a team. Being part of a blog involving nerdfighters is super exciting for me. I've always been excited about nerdfighter community but never been comfortable with video blogging.My favorite thing about the internet (besides watching cancelled t.v.) shows is being able to interact with people from all over the world. I love to hear what different people think even if its about silly things (like giraffe sex).

I'm probably not the nerdiest person you've ever met but I'm not the least nerdy either, I spend a lot of time thinking about the way people think and act. I love nerdy TV shows, my favorites are Battlestar Gallactica, Doctor Who, things by Joss Whedon and many more. I am also an artist and here is a shameless promotional link to my Tumblr: Allmaelov  I mostly paint with acrylics although I love to experiment with diferent media and do some sculpture and beading. I love books. I am a compulsive reader, I like blogs and magazines but I love books. My favorite genre is fantasy especially YA fantasy. I also like some Sci-Fi and some mystery but it has to be pretty good.When My brain needs a break I read rom-com novels as cheesy as that is I like them. When I'm not in school I read a lot including a lot more non-fiction, especially self help type books; I probably read more of those that I should.So this is my little introduction to me. I can't wait to here a little bit more about the rest of this bunch.

BEST WISHES! Allysa

One fun fact: I'm nearsighted and have worn glasses since I was 13.

Sidenote: this being a collab blog means that I'm a little confused about my audience so my pronouns and
verb tenses might be a littl wonky, bear with me.



4 comments:

  1. Hey Allysa ^_^ your paintings are beautiful =D

    Like you I too have myopia but I also have astigmatism. I only started wearing glasses 6 years ago cause of headaches o.O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo first intro! :D
    And a fellow artist! *highfive*
    I'm a huge Battlestar Galactica fan. It became my favorite show. I have the series on DVD, the set came with a cylon centauri figurine, which I took a pic of: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sterlingdatatoast/5459665074/
    I'm just sad I don't have any shelves to place it on. I don't even have a place for my books. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. International views on giraffe sex, that ought to be interesting xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an astigmatism as well, hooray!

    ReplyDelete