Thursday 24 February 2011

I never could get the hang of Thursdays

Yes, ladies and gents, it is I, the mispronounce-able misspronounced, your Thursday blogger on the Nerdy Bunch blog. I, like my esteemed fellow Bloggers, am a Nerdfighter. I have (I think) been one since December of 2009. Actually, I've been a Nerdfighter all my life, but wasn't really aware of it until I first saw the Vlogbrothers.

My first ever subscription on Youtube was the very...characterful... AngryAussie (he is, as his name suggests, an angry Australian). At some point, he began mentioning something called the Project for Awesome, organised by these two enigmatic gentlemen known as the Vlogbrothers. Intrigued, I decided to go look them up on YouTube. I instantly recognised Hank from his "Accio Deathly Hallows" video, and after watching a few videos, I knew that I belonged in the made-of-awesome place that is Nerdfighteria.

As a Nerdfighter, I guess I'm an all-rounder. My main interests are film and literature, but I'm basically interested in anything that I can learn about. I'm a firm believer that just because you don't HAVE to learn about something, it doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T learn about it. My favourite books are Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I have read Looking for Alaska which I adore, and I am currently reading Paper Towns, which seems pretty freakin' awesome.

In real life, I'm a 20-year-old university student in Brisbane, Australia. I'm studying a dual degree in Arts and Law, which basically means four years from now I will graduate with two degrees. I want to eventually do my LLM (Master of Laws) in England, and do something in technological ethical law or perhaps some sort of research or work in Internet law, because I want the internet to be freely accessible, safe and fair. Also, I want to eventually be a writer, but I know I need more life experience and writing skills (and an idea too) before that is going to happen, so I might as well do something in the meantime.

I feel very privileged to be part of such an awesome and eclectic group of Nerdfighters, and I look forward to getting to know you all better as this project continues!

DFTBA

edit: <_< it's an LLM, not MLB. Stupid initialisms :C

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry, as long as you know where your towel is, you will be fine (and your earplugs, in case you encounter Vogons & poetry) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I know who to ask if I ever get into trouble with the law. (jk I'm a very responsible citizen) You should definitely teach us some of the things you learn about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to read Looking for Alaska soon. It's currently out of stock here in the Philippines o.O

    They should do something about plagiarism in the internet -_-' I actually caught someone stealing content from one of my blogs.

    I agree that it's awesome that we're doing something like this ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a firm believer that just because you don't HAVE to learn about something, it doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T learn about it.

    I share your belief! Down right pisses me off archaeology students whine about having to take anthropology. It's even useful for archaeologists! GAHD!

    You study law? Awesome! I almost went to study law. :D I kinda feel 'what if' about it now. I wonder if I had liked studying law. I am interested in it and I liked the law course we had in upper secondary and so forth. But I'm still not sure how it would have felt to actually go study it.

    ReplyDelete