Tuesday 7 June 2011

Birthday Eulogy

Sorry for not being bale to blog last Tuesday. My week has been full of ups and downs. Sadly the downs have greatly outweighed the ups.

My birthday, last Wednesday, was the interment of my grandmother. Just to give you a background, wakes here lasts 5-7 days. Enough time for people far away to come and view the dead. Being one of the youngest grandchild it was weird, although an honor, to be asked to do the eulogy for our side of the family considering the fact that I have the least amount of time spent with my grandmother. But I took it on because the passion we share helped shape me to who I am now.

My grandmother has aways the in charge of the food. Specially during "fiesta" she would be one of the "Fiesta Hermana" (sister in Spanish) and would be one of the few houses in charge of feeding the whole town. I'd love to think that I got my love for everything delicious from her.

QOTD: What is something you share with your grandparents?

Hear from you soon

Ruben IV

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your grandma :(

    (I'll just make your QOTD this week's topic (we thought about taking turns picking them)). I can't really say that I get my appreciation of good food directly from my grandfather, because the food he made wasn't really my cup of tea (mostly traditional stuff like roasts - at least when we were over. They were amazing but I'm not (nor ever have been) much of a meat eater), but his daughters' love for food certainly did.

    ReplyDelete