Tuesday 28 June 2011

OPM

There are quite a bit of famous international Filipino singers but i'm not sure that they write their own music. And honestly I don't listen to any OPM (Original Pinoy Music) so I have no Idea what to put here. But I have been to a few gigs and here are the bands that I actually enjoyed enough to remember their names.

Urbandub is from Cebu which is another metropolitan island here in the Philippines. This band is actually pretty famous here in our country. I saw this band because I was invited by my friend to watch their gig and they opened for this band.



Here is another band that I heard and actually bought an album of. Their music is just so easy to listen to and they add a little bit of the filipino sound to their music. The Rinka Collective. This isn't my favorite song of theirs but I couldn't find the one I liked in youtube.


Here's another musician who adds a bit of our native sound to her music. Finally someone who sings in our native tongue. Cynthia Alexander is one of the few current folk singers we have here in the Philippines. I love to watch her perform. The album version doesn't give justice to her live performances.


I never actually leisurely listen to any of these songs but  after watching them live, if they had a gig or concert, I would actually go out of my way to watch them.

QOTD: do you guys sing or play any instruments?

Hear from you guys soon

RUBENIV

1 comment:

  1. I really don't sing. I'm what Stephen Fry calls "tone dumb" - can't hit a note to save my life, but unfortunately hear quite clearly when singing (even my own) is off. Sometimes I wish I could be one of those people (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MoEsz42fnw) xD
    I used to play a few instruments, but gave up every single one of them before I actually got good.
    I used to play keyboards, and guitar, and - to the horror of my parents - recorder (they'd send us to keyboard lessons so that we'd learn an instrument we could practice with headphones... then I switched to recorder and my sister to trombone :P). Don't really remember much now, don't even have an instrument at the moment, but might pick something up again in a while, who knows...

    ReplyDelete