Tuesday 9 August 2011

Mahal Kita

The people I love the most is my family. I am fortunate enough to be in a a family that shows me the importance of saying "I love you" to one another. Not that we use those words loosely, but whenever we see it fit we'll most likely say it. Considering that fact, I have never said those words to anyone else but my dad, mom, and my sister.

The thing I love the most is food. No surprise there. Food has really been good to me as well. It is my living and without it i'd literally and figuratively starve.

A little lesson on Tagalog which is our mother tongue. Love in my language is "mahal" (/maˈhal/). That exact same word also means expensive or something with value that is more than you would like to spend or can afford. I really like how it implies that it is something you can never pay for in full and that it is a gift you can give someone and not expecting anything back.

QsOTD: How do you say "I love you" in your language? How many ways do you know how to say "I love you"?

Hear from you guys soon

RUBEN IV


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Minä) rakastan sinua. Or more slangish: rakastan sua. And I know how to say it in few other languages. That's about it on ways to literally say I love you. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, Je t'aime, or with a hug!

    ReplyDelete