Monday 14 March 2011

All human life is lived in close proximity to tragedy

Oh John Green you say perfectly what I never could.

Hello Nerdy bunch it's Monday.

This week we are talking about natural disasters. I don't like talking about natural disasters, I'm in a class this semester about trauma and most of the time I just want out. I react the way I think a lot of people react, I don't want to think about it because if I do I have to admit that it happens, and it could happen to me or to someone I love. There are actually very good psychological explanations for the way we react to tragedies. Why we might help or not help. Why we might feel guilt or anger in the face of tragedy and even why helping someone today might make us less likely to help tomorrow. Knowing all of these things doesn't really help me know how to react though.

Short post today, we just went through a time change for daylight saving and I'm feeling pretty wiped. I really enjoyed all your posts last week its cool to hear about all the different travel experiences we've had. Can't wait to hear what you have to say this week.

Best Wishes

Allysa

No comments:

Post a Comment