Tuesday 17 May 2011

MINDgraine

This blog will be short because of the migraine i'm currently having.

Funny, or maybe not too funny, story about my friend and her migraine. How fitting that Allysa said something about languages because this story is somewhat about that.

We were having a conversation about how bad her migraine was and how it is one of the most painful experience you can have, that and gastritis. But she kept saying mindgraine. I thought maybe she just made a mistake but after repeating it move than five times in the last few exchanges of sentences I figured she really thought it was mindgraine. What's even funnier is that this person just literally finished her Med School.

But her bloopers doesn't end there. We were talking about how some of the names of the main streets here are being changed to rich peoples's names. Then she said "I know right! I bet that Ped Xing guys is some rich Chinese tycoon" and once she actually asked the cab driver to drop her there.

QOTD: Do you have any embarrassing stories that are similar to this? Language debacles if sorts?


Hear from you guys soon,

RUBEN IV

1 comment:

  1. Hm, one of my parents' favorite little-enika stories is about us looking for a loo at the Dutch border when I was wee. One of the buildings had a sign saying "closed", which, you know, isn't that far from the (archaic, but not yet dead) German "Klosett" (or the English "(water) closet", for that matter). I guess I thought it might be a Dutch word for toilet, so I pointed out that there was one over there. I still don't quite get what's so hilarious about it (esp. 20 years later), but whatevs xD

    In Norwegian I occasionally get å tulle (to kid/joke) and å knulle (to f...) mixed up, but that's a different matter *ahem*

    ReplyDelete