Tuesday 10 May 2011

Songs I Grew Up With

First of I apologize for my absence for the past week. I was too busy plus the sudden sporadic changes in weather just took a tole on me and got me sick yet again. (I was sick the week before that, felt better for a few days then got sick again)

Anyway, because of alleymae's post I decided to do something similar, something nostalgic. My mom and dad are 12 years apart so they both grew up listening to a different generation of music, my mom's is the early 60's-70's and my dad's is the late 30's-50's. I actually prefer my dad's music like Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, Billy Holiday, and Louis Armstrong, but there are some from my mom's that is also in the top my my list.

We would listen to their music in the car all the time so it kind of became the soundtrack of my childhood. My first CD was Natalie Cole's "Unforgettable". I got it summer of 92. I was turning 7 in a few weeks. I would listen to it a lot and would think about how much I miss my crush and that classes will start again after a week of my birthday. You can say I was a Jazz Emo, if there's such a thing.

It was a collection of covers she made of her father's, Nat King Cole, hits. Here's one of the songs I listened to and be all emotional about missing my crush with.


QOTD: do you have a song that reminds you of the times when missing your crush is the worst feeling in the world? I miss those days, so honest and simple.


Hear from you guys soon,

RUBEN IV

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about missing the days when you were younger and everything was so much easier, I don't have a song that reminds me of that time but I do have an album. Rumors by Fleetwood Mac is one of my favorite albums of all time. It was what we listened too on long car rides and when I moved out I got my own copy. That album is really special to me, it pushes a lot of buttons.

    ReplyDelete