Monday 16 May 2011

Plan B: Become a hobo, scare kids

Bit of nostalgia, fitting to the randomly formed theme, and an answer to Ruben's QOTD:

When I hear the song Kuka keksi rakkauden by Kaija Koo, it takes me back to the time when I was little. I get a flash back to sitting in a car, with mom driving, sun was shining outside and we were on our way to see my grandma. We were singing along the song as we always did to Kaija Koo's songs. It's a warm memory but I'm not sure how much of the details are real and how much of it is just my brain feebly trying to fill in the holes. I know I was probably from 4-6 years old at the time. Listening to this song, I feel a little bit better in my miserable adult life. I remember something from the time I didn't have to worry so much, I remember something that is actually good.




But then I realize that mom doesn't sing anymore. She used to sing to songs all the time but now I rarely hear her do that - she mainly just humms if even that much. Then I realize sort of a deeper meaning in that, which happens to be slightly depressing and I return back to my miserable little existance where I wish for time to go back even just few years so I could do things over.

I wonder where I'll be in thirty years. Maybe I'll end up getting more and more bitter and miserable. In that case I will make sure to become one of those cranky old people who stalk their neighbors just to complain. No, wait, that's too social. I will become a hermit living in the creepy house the kids will try to dare each other to go to. The house will not belong to me, it will be an abandoned house I took over because I'm also a hobo.

At least I have a life plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment